Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Climbing the Mountain of Lore

Here's my attempt at some bad poetry (what do you expect from a CS major), but hopefully you find it a little funny. I think I've been studying too much this week.

In the beginning, WEMBA was cool.
Marginal cost, management strategy, and a stock expense rule.

Term 2 brought us to Philly, to visit the East,
With LPs, leadership, macro and statistics the Beast.

Alas in Term 3, it’s become quite a chore,
To continue a climb up a Mountain of Lore.

Products, brand equity, and pricing, we know,
Marketing is too important to leave to the slow.

SABRE consumed a lot of our time,
And lenses for chickens fill eyes full of slime.

The speeches we gave were too late at night,
After six lattes, it just wasn’t right.

Now I’m plodding along the Efficient Frontier,
Alpha and beta, with many a tear.

Valuation of stock, CAPM and cash flow,
Calculation of debt, portfolios and rho.

Cost accounting has put me in such a state,
How do I calculate overhead rate?

When finals are over, we’ll be half done,
I just cannot wait for some golf in the sun.


-Chairman P

1 comment:

Luis said...

Chairmanp.

funny poem...but its a good thing you are pursuing that MBA ;-)