Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Goodbye from Murat

Let me introduce a guest blogger: Murat K. Our Turkish classmate is one of the five WEMBA Class 32 students who are transferring to the Wharton Full Time program in Philadelphia. We'll miss Murat, Jennifer, Alice, Avery and Peter. Chairman P's note: our male to female ratio just suffered a severe adverse supply shock. I think we are down to about 10% women and 90% men. Let's go talk to John to see if the guys can use both restrooms on the fifth floor! :)

Good luck, and keep in touch! We'll try to visit you when we travel through Philadelphia.

-Chairman P

Murat's goodbye email is here (I have obscured his cell phone # so he doesn't get spammed with text messages). I can't say I know what all the digs or rants are referring to:
----------------------------------

Now that I am officially done at Wharton West (after such a painful homework, this weekend) , I can write my “I will miss you..!” letter…

I hate good-byes and never understood where is the “good” in goodbye! (even in Turkish, there is a “good” part in the word. -- is Spanish the same?)

Well, Just so give you all some recent updates, I am headed to NYC instead of London during the summer (will be working for a hedge fund) and will be in Philly next year. I am sure some of you will visit the area for various reasons and please feel free to give me a ring. I would be happy to get together!

I am planning to leave Bay Area in a week and probably stop by school on Friday evening. if we can’t see each other, take care. Hopefully, will see you in Brazil / Argentina.

Now, I know what I need. I need more hellos!

Cheers & Kind Regards,

Murat

Cell: (obscured, but it's 800-976-SEAN will get you the real number) :)

------------Some Random Rambles:-----------------

I had many great times and friends at Wharton and I want to thank specially, in no particular order:

I know some of you consider me irresponsible since I am leaving such a great, fun person behind--my mentor and best buddy, and future-best-man---Sean, love, promise I will *try* to stay faithful *until* I find a better looking girl-friend! (your stupid, kidding)

Nichole, hey baby! you should have mentioned that hot-tub waaayyyy earlier!

Garry, f#uk that, we will start our own!

Alejandra, what a sense-of-humor... I am still laughing at the jokes you cracked back in Philly..

Mike, dude, dude! -- back room is mine, I don’t care who sleeps on the sofa! --

Bolaji, designated driver of the crazy nights!

If it was not my buddy, I don’t know whom else I would have competed –pool tables, classes, girls…-- I will certainly need a last-minute-study-buddy over whiskey bottles, Clay!

Judy, am I drunk?

Malika, stop bluffing on the poker table..

Loren, now I can pick stock for you! (caveat emptor)

Charles, no cigarette to you my friend, you don’t smoke, you eat, o.m.g.!

Jonathan, call him doctor Usuka !

Roger, wait for Fortune magazine, May 2020 edition!

Rob, what is rattle?

Eve, all I know is pi is an interesting movie!

Sam, the last I heard, Joe Ryan started teaching at a community college down!

Raghav, you are a…!

Gagan, well, you might think you have taught me poker, but, full disclosure, Mike & I love taking your money on the poker table and spending over drinks...!

Ariel, no I don’t want to drink a half-liter whiskey-shot from a horn, wine is fine! (I still have a hangover from that night)

Sridevi, promise, I will be your guide in Istanbul, next time!

I will miss Kip a lot! His great logistic support during the exams was unforgettable. I promise, I will finish Wharton without buying any calculator or whatsoever!

Another logistic support, very important, a pen during the exams, from Michele! Thanks a lot Michele, you know which pen I’ll use!

Deepak, Ken, Peter, Preetam, Zach thanks a lot for letting me ramble in group-projects!

Keith, Frank, Charles, Eve, Clifton, Eyal, Amir, Kim, Adam (both of you), Brian, Nihal, Chris, Zia, Ron, Tyler… Good times

Avery, Peter, Jennifer, Alice, see you all in Philly

Last but not least, If I did not mention your name until now, that simply means my hands are freaking tired at this point – think Useem’s final!

Salute for the second year..!

No comments: