Friday, April 20, 2007

More Advice to Class 33: More Stuff to Buy

Here's some thoughts on some additional useful stuff that I forgot to mention on my last post:

  • Roller briefcase. Those WEMBA bulkpacks and books get really heavy, and having a roller briefcase is great. I think I was one of the first, and pretty soon there were quite a few of us with one. Highly recommended! I bought a Samsonite #933295, which has a collapsable handle, wheels, a compartment for a laptop, a compartment for papers, and an "executive" compartment for overnight trips. It's big enough to fit two notebooks or a heavy accounting textbook or two if you have to. Sure beats trying to jam all of it into the Wharton bag, and you can actually tell which bag is yours.
  • Poker chips. Scratch that, as you can use mine if you ask the belldesk at the Le Meridian. Just remember to send me 1% rake fees :) Gagan charges 2%, so go with mine. You know they are mine because they have a metallic insert in the middle of them. Legend has it that each WEMBA West class passes the chips down from generation to generation.
  • Digital voice recorder. There's not that many of them in class, and I don't actually use one. I do have one, so maybe I'll try it sometime. Some folks say that they are useful if you have the time to listen to them after lectures.

-Chairman P

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is the Wharton bag?

Chairman P said...

The Wharton bag is a really nice Ogio shoulder bag with a single strap that can hold a laptop and books. You get one on your first day. The only problem is that there are 90+ of them that are all the same....