Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Seven More Class Days in Sight...Thoughts of a West Coast Clock Watcher

Oh yeah, only three more weekends and seven more days in class before graduation! My friends and family say "wow it's gone by fast", but those of us in the program know far better. It has gone by quickly, but I feel really aged over the past 23 months. It's kinda weird realizing that I only have one more project and one more final to go.

Senioritis has hit us in full stride. Seems like there are a lot of pass/no-pass and audit options being taken. We have the end in sight and it feels good. Hint for the classes that follow: take a light load in Term 6; it's really really nice having less classes the last term. As a result, all of my faithful readers out there will benefit from my lighter load: I'm going to go out on a blog tear over the next month to impart as much wisdom for the good of the cohorts that follow us. A couple of articles that I plan on writing before it is all said and done:
* How to switch jobs in the middle of WEMBA and not explode
* Navigating the WEMBA social networks and cliques
* Elective selection from a Silicon Valley technologist's perspective
* Balancing family life, WEMBA, and work: The two-legged triangle

I've started a poll; please go vote for what you'd like to see.

It was Class Gift Fund Raising Night last Fri at Wharton West. We rented a bunch of Wii and Rock Band consoles, which was fun right up until I ate humble pie, losing my boxing match with Bolaji "Apollo Creed" and my tennis match Charles "The Ahn-ninator". Poof went my chances at winning a Wii.

Here's some pics from the event:
http://flickr.com/photos/15155043@N00/sets/72157594298526216/show/

But after I got KO'ed by Bolaji (he called it a TKO but got quickly corrected), I got some redemption at the POKR 899 table, where I went runner runner kings on Gagan and took down a $70 pot that I really didn't deserve to win. Better to be lucky that good! Call me river boy.


-Chairman P

1 comment:

Max said...

Ron, can you set the album to public? I can't see the Wii tourney pix

John K.